FRIENDS OF BLAIRS
MINUTES OF MEETING
PRESENT: J Adams, J Brown, C Mc Laughlin, J Cassidy, Mgr McIntyre and D McCann
APOLOGIES: P Gorman, B McGuire, J Reid and J O’Donnell
1. Minutes of previous meeting read and approved – J Brown and
2. Requiem Mass is on the 4 November at . J Adams will arrange with Mgr McIntyre. Friends of Blairs to supply tea, coffee, sugar and biscuits.
3. Dave presented proposals for a sub group to look at forming a history group. Copies of proposal were given to all present. Dave went on to seek support for his quest to find out more on a former student in Blairs in the 1830’s – Michelle Maxwell Philip. The committee gave Dave support to continue in his quest and to set up history group.
4. John Adams has written to Cardinal O’Brien to offer our congratulations.
5. John Adams pointed out the planning meeting will take place on the 4 November.
6. Charlie raised concern over minutes being sent by post. Secretary agreed to email Brian with minutes to enable him to put on website easier.
7. Dave will create Christmas card and sent to Charlie for dispatch.
8. Newsletter will be sent out as soon as possible.
9. Date and venue of first meeting in 2004 will be advised later.